Current Positions Available
Production Coordinator (Internal Candidates Only)
POSITION: QCTV- Production Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $50,782 – $62,455 Annually
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
Acts as liaison with cities, schools, and community organizations regarding productions. Produces and directs multi-camera shoots using the video production van, studio, and mobile equipment packages. Edits programs, including graphics. Schedules and trains crews for productions and monitors production quality. Coordinates with technology department for equipment upgrades. Collaborates with other QCTV employees.
Works under the general and/or administrative supervision and direction of the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- Produces and directs studio, van, and portable multi-camera remote systems productions for cities, sports, community events, and other productions. Live and tape-delay.
- Hire, train, and schedule crew in coordination with Executive Director.
- Acts as liaison with Minnesota High School League, schools, sports teams, booster clubs, and community organizations.
- Produces programs, PSAs, and show segments.
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Recommends production equipment repairs and upgrades in coordination with technology department.
- Prepares promotional content for weekly news show, social media, and QCTV website.
- Tracks and reports program data.
- Provides budget input.
- May act as on camera talent and/or voice-over work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Video Production, Television Broadcasting Production, Journalism or related field or a combination of training and experience that is substantially equivalent. Three years experience in a professional video production environment with experience in producing and directing in multi-camera environments. Experience operating video cameras and associated equipment, non-linear editing and graphics. Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of video production techniques and program formats.
- Knowledge of multi-camera video production set up and operation.
- General knowledge of high school athletics.
- General knowledge of motor vehicles and their maintenance.
- Advanced skill in directing multi-camera productions.
- Skill in operating video/audio production equipment including cameras, audio equipment non-linear editing, and computer graphics.
- Skill in operating computers including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Internet searches and social media.
- Ability to expertly plan and manage video productions, crew, and multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the member cities, vendors, the public, and community organizations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Video production van and associated equipment. Video production equipment including cameras, recorders, switchers/mixers, microphones, and audio mixers in multi-camera and single-camera environments. Mac and PC computers and monitors. Various software programs for office applications, non-linear editing, and video graphics. Studio and field lighting instruments, associated video/audio equipment accessories.
The position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, stretching, crouching and crawling. May need to climb ladders on occasion. Manual dexterity and the ability to operate computers and video/audio production equipment in multi-camera environments are required. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to hear and communicate on telephones and headsets is required. Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds.
The work environment includes an office-type environment with fluorescent lighting, a studio, and a video production van. Field production shoots may be indoors or outdoors and involve exposure to the elements including heat, cold, sun, rain, and snow. Noise levels vary in different environments as do temperatures.
The duties listed are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
QCTV is only accepting internal applications at this time for this position.
POSITION: QCTV- Associate Producer
STATUS: Part Time
- This position will primarily focus on production duties related to government meetings
- Crews for mobile and studio productions.
- Operates cameras, switchers, audio mixer, CG, replay, and various other equipment
- Directs city meetings
- Shoot and edit productions
- Drives mobile productions truck and cargo van between production locations
Six months of experience operating video production equipment in a professional or educational environment or substantially equivalent experience.
Pay rate: Starting: $20.06/hr
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED CONTINUOUSLY:
Send Application, Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
Attn: Ryan Musch
12254 Ensign Ave N
Champlin, MN 55316
OR VIA E-MAIL TO: Jobs@QCTV.org
Equal Opportunity Statement (EEOC)
QCTV will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.